Welcome to my blog, where I share my thoughts on food, travel, pop culture...just about anything. As for the blog name, it's a Seinfeld reference. If you don't get it, then this is probably not the blog for you.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Glee

I mentioned this in my previous post, but I just have to say how much I love this show! I admit that I was not expecting much (I mean, c'mon...it's on Fox), but I tuned in since there was nothing else on after Idol. I was blown away! This is a great commentary on high school life...you've got the jocks, the geeks, the cheerleaders (cherrios, as they are called on the show), and then the glee kids (as the cheer coach describes all the different cliques as parts of a house, the glee kids are "sub-basement"). But the Spanish teacher takes over glee club and attempts to meld these worlds together. How he does it is hilarious and a bit sinister. And Jane Lynch plays the cheer coach/gym teacher - enough said there. She is amazing and her comedic timing is flawless. If you have no idea who she is, watch Best in Show - one of my all-time favorite movies. After watching the kids belt out a rousing rendition of "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey at the end of the show, I was disappointed to find out that I would have to wait until fall to see another episode. But I quickly recovered after discovering that I could download the pilot episode for free on itunes. If you want to watch it, go to http://www.fox.com/glee/, sit back, and enjoy! I call this show "The High School Musical for the Rest of Us"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment